Saturday, September 15, 2007

Journal Entry # 6

Write a narrative paragraph about an unforgettable experience in your life. This could be an earthquake like in the story on page 24 or it could be something different like your first dating experience. Be sure to use time order signals.
An Unforgettable Experience in My Life.

September 21, 1999. While I was sleeping, my parents yelled and woke up me. It was a earthquake! Then we run outside quickly and found the street all power off. The earthquake was really shaking big. Later, a lot of people also ran out. The earthquake continued about one minute or more. We were all scared and felt the earthquake this time was quite different. The next day, we realized it is the biggest earthquake in Taiwan from news report. The death toll was more then 2,410 people during this disaster. Also, 8,000 people got hurt in earthquake. The news about the earthquake reported more than one month, because the earthquake really caused great damage in Taiwan. It is an unforgettable experience in my life, and until now sometimes I still felt sad about this earthquake.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Your paragraph is really good and it makes me feel as the same as I experienced. That was a night mare to us and no one can forget about this disaster in Taiwan. And your paragraph describing about the earthquake in details but one thing in second sentence you wrote “woke up me” but maybe you should used” woke me up”.

Ai Nguyen said...

I've never been in earthquake. And I feel really so fear with your story. and "the death toll" may be"the death reported"